After worked for 5 years and 10 days, I resigned from my position as consultant in Accenture and move to other consulting company in Jakarta. Before I left, I got information from my former colleague, who had resigned several years ago, that I can withdraw my Jamsostek Pension Fund. This fund can only be withdrawn by employee who already joins Jamsosek for 5 years and resigned from his company for minimum 1 month.
Several documents must be brought when you come to Jamsostek branch office to withdraw the fund:
- Original Jamsostek card. Copy it twice. If you lost it, you have to get loss certificate from Police.
- Original ID card and its copy 2.
- Original Family card and its copy.
- Original reference letter from previous company and its copy.
- Original bank passbook and its copy if you want the fund to be transferred to your account.
- Filled-in form A5 Jamsostek. You can get it from security in Jamsostek office.
Operational hour of Jamsostek office started from 08:30 to 16:30 (Monday to Friday). If you work at Sudirman area, I suggest you to visit Jamsostek branch office either at Menara Mulia or at Jamsostek Tower. They are not too crowed. The officer will check all your documents for around 10 minutes max.
If you choose Bank Transfer for payment method, it will take 10 working days maximum to wire the balance to your account. But from my experience, it only takes 3 working days 🙂